Sunday, March 7, 2021

The Wolf

 I wrote this for myself as a short prelude to a larger story I'm working on. Maybe some of you will like it?


The wolf saved her

She walked into her grandmother’s house to see the hunter, with his greedy eyes, ransacking the place

Of course, he’ll never be accused of anything

He’s handsome and strong and looks like everyone else

Much simpler to blame the wolf than to suspect one’s own

She knows the truth

She remembers the wolf rushing in and knocking the axe out of the hunter’s hands, telling her to run

She remembers how her parents lapped up the hunter’s story about what happened

That’s why she decided

She decided to run away some day

Let the village keep its stories and its villains

She’s off to the forest

To find a certain wolf with an axe wound


2 comments:

  1. I love this! I can't wait for the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, I love the idea. It reminds me of some of my own similar experiences with writing for fun. A good premise to start with.

    ReplyDelete